So, it’s here. My last week in Massachusetts.
I could write a saga about my many ups and downs here, but I think it would be more fitting (and quite frankly a lot less work) to pick 8 quotes that I think embody the time I’ve spent here.
1) “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” -Neale Donald Walsch
2) Don’t get stuck. Move, travel, take a class, take a risk. There is a season for wildness and a season for settledness, and this is neither. This season is about becoming.- from 11 Things to Know at 25 (ish)
3) Unravel the knots that keep you from living a healthy, whole life, and do it now, before any more time passes.- also from 11 Things to Know at 25 (ish)
4) “No one leaves this life unscathed.”- Katie Couric
5) “Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.” -Oscar Wilde
6) “I know you’re smart. But everyone here is smart. Smart isn’t enough. The kind of people I want on my research team are those who will help everyone feel happy to be here. ” ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
7) “I have just returned from Boston. It is the only sane thing to do if you find yourself up there.” -Fred Allen
8) “Leaving is bittersweet but after 8 tumultuous months, I’m leaving here in peace. That’s all I wanted.” -my tweet from earlier today.